f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Author Interview: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, January 25, 2013

Author Interview: Alyssa Rose Ivy




One of my 2013 goals is to feature more authors on my blog.  I want to feature both self-published, and traditionally published authors, because a writer's dreams are the same regardless of how they get there: to write great stories, to be read, and to have those stories mean something to readers.  Once a month, or as often as I can, I'll feature a different author for an interview or guest post.

Author of the Month: Alyssa Rose Ivy


Alyssa Rose Ivy is a Young Adult and New Adult author who loves to weave stories with romance and a southern setting. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children, and she can usually be found with a cup of coffee in her hand.

Visit Alyssa at: her website | her twitter | her pinterest
Add Alyssa's books on GoodReads!
Read my review of Derailed (Clayton Falls #1)!


Choose a fictional character you’d:

1)    Want to be best friends with: 
Elizabeth Bennet!

2)    Trust with all your secrets:
Nanny from Peter Pan (who’s more loyal than a dog?)

3)    Want to be roommates with:
Bella Swan (She wouldn’t need to sleep there, so it would be like having my own place)

4)    Call if you needed to be bailed out of jail:
James from my Afterglow Trilogy- he could talk his way out of everything, and could probably get them to drop all charges in the process.

If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could have one book, one album, and one luxury item, what would they be?

One book: 
Pride and Prejudice (never get tired of it!)

One Album:
Snow Patrol Up To Now- I’m always in the mood for it   (OUAP: Nice choice!)

One Luxury Item:
Chocolate

What book, or books have really resonated with you, and made an impact on your life?

Moby Dick- Best depiction of obsession
The Hobbit- Started my lifelong love of fantasy

What is one book you would recommend to someone who isn’t an avid reader, to sway them?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  Everyone I’ve recommended it to has loved it.

What is your “go-to” book when you are asked to recommend a good book?

It changes based on what I’ve recently read. :)

If you could have dinner with one author, living or dead, who would it be, and why?

Jane Austen-I love her books, and I have so many questions!

What is your earliest and strongest memory involving reading or writing?

My father used to always tell us stories that I thought he made up completely. I remember when I realized they were influenced by the Hobbit. I thought it was so cool that one person’s story could spur so many new ones.

What is one thing you’ve learned about yourself through your writing?

I’ve learned just how much I love romance. I never considered myself to be such a big fan of reading it until I started to write it.

This or that: 

1)    E-books or physical books? 
E-Books
2)    Movies or music? 
Music
3)    Junk food or healthy food? 
Junk food
4)    Sleeping late or up with the sun? 
Now it’s sleeping late

Tell me about one book you’ve owned for awhile, but have been saving for a special moment/time in your life to read it?

I’ve been meaning to read MOLOKA’I by Alan Brennert for ages, but I haven’t yet.


Thanks so much to Alyssa for this interview.  I really appreciate it!  If YOU'RE an author who would like to be featured here at Once Upon a Prologue, please email me!  Happy reading. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!