f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: About Me
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

About Me




The Girl - Molli



I was born and raised in a small town in Tennessee.  Sometimes I love it; others, I dream of the TARDIS landing in my back yard and the Doctor stepping out to offer to take me away.  I hope to travel one day but for now I work as an installed sales coordinator at my local Lowes store.  I love hanging out with my friends and family, reading (obviously), writing, singing, and shopping.  I'm somewhat of an eternal optimist, and a hopeless romantic.  I tend to tear up during romantic comedies at especially swooon-worthy moments and I have a tendency to squee loudly and inappropriately over a new book, TV show casting news, and other, geeky/awesome occurrences.

I'm big into music - I love Rascal Flatts, Adele, Chris Young, Lady Antebellum, The Fray, Sara Bareilles, Nickel Creek, City & Colour, and Ray Lamontagne among others.  Downloading a new album is a high; so is discovering and falling for a new artist.  I am gravitating away from watching as many television shows as I used to, but I do love Supernatural, Doctor Who, Fringe, Bones, and The Vampire Diaries.  (Others that I like I tend to wait to marathon on DVD, like Castle, Criminal Minds, and Chuck.)

The Inspirations




When I was younger I had many obsessions: Sweet Valley High (University, and Senior Year as well), the Babysitter's club books, R.L. Stine's Fear Street series, Christopher Pike, and others that came and went.  I was an avid reader but when I started high school I discovered the words of one V.C. Andrews, and my world was never the same.  My copy of Flowers in the Attic was used (and falling apart) when it came to my possession, and I remember gingerly turning the pages to read, then re-read the captivating (and tragic) story of the Dresden Dolls.

V.C. Andrews's books got me reading more and more.  I went on to discover my "home away from home" category, sci-fi/fantasy, and devoured everything I could get my hands on by Terry Brooks, David Eddings, and Barbara Hambly.  But I always came back to V.C. Andrews (until I stopped reading the ghost-writer written books in about 2003.)
 


I started roleplaying in 2001 and eventually joined what was then the most "elite" VCA roleplay on the web.  It was there I met my real life best friend and made several other awesome "online" friends.  My writing matured and improved even after I left the roleplay.  For a few years now, a friend and I have dabbled in two groups (or 'verses) we created together, where we write YA contemporary fiction.  I have too many original characters to count and with that many, I can't possibly get to all of them as often as I would like, but, well, I am a writer.  I love what I do far too much to ever stop.


The Blog


Once Upon a Prologue was created in April 2011.  A good friend of mine (Suz at A Soul Unsung) had recently started up her fabulous book blog and I thought, "hmm, why not?" Sadly, the norm seems to be that I run into people who (for some reason!) do not enjoy reading, and don't seem to understand why a particularly poignant passage makes me tear up, or squee like crazy.  I wanted a place to belong, a community who would understand.  As I'm learning the ropes, I think I am finding that place here.  And I am loving every minute.


{ The Authors }

Today, my favorite authors include (with respect to that the list is always growing): Patrick Rothfuss, Libba Bray, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling, Jodi Picoult, Myra McEntire, JR Ward, Gena Showalter, Victoria Schwab, Diana Gabaldon, Andrea Cremer, Saundra Mitchell, Amy Lichtenhan, Christine Nolfi, Jessica Andersen, Anne Bishop, etc.

{ The End }

I am always open to new friends and building strong relationships with fellow book bloggers and authors.  I may not be published, but I do and have for some time now considered myself an author.  Please e-mail me at courageousgrace [at] gmail.com for review requests or just getting-to-know-you type questions.  I will always respond as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Cassandra Martino said...

Wow.. this was a great "About Me" page.. makes me want to re-do mine. I love that we had the same taste in books growing up. Christopher Pike and R.L. Stine were staples of mine. Funny because I don't like many male authors now that I'm older. I even read Goosebumps before I found all the Fear Street spin offs. I never got into V.C. Andrews, surprisingly. Maybe I should try again when I have time.

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

I need to update/spruce mine up again! :D And VCA is...well, different! If you ever do read any of her work, I would recommend stopping after the Casteel series - after that, she passed away and someone else has been writing the books under her name and imho, they aren't very good at all. But the early ones she wrote were very very fascinating!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!