f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #30: Dirty Little (Bookish) Secrets
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #30: Dirty Little (Bookish) Secrets

'








{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!


Top Ten Tuesday - August 28, 2012
Top Ten Bookish Confessions 


{ 1 } I love to smell the pages of REALLY old books.  There's just...nothing like it.

{ 2 } I have a slight bookmark obsession.  I don't buy a new one every time I'm in a bookstore...but it's close to that.  Especially the super pretty ones that B&N sells...

{ 3 } When I start a series, I have a difficult time NOT finishing it, unless I just REALLY hate the books I've read in it.  I've been known to wait years for all the books to come out just so that I can read them all at once, too, since I read a lot of Australian authors and their books take FOREVER to release here in the US.

{ 4 } Despite the fact that I keep trying to organize my bookshelf, I have far too many books for it to EVER actually make sense.  It's loosely organized into: The Top Shelf (fave books ever,) YA, male sci-fi/fantasy authors, then women sci-fi/fantasy, with the bottom shelf being Paranormal Romance and some miscellaneous books.  

{  5 } I tend to crush HARD on fictional boys.  We don't need to talk about the Jacob Black phase a few years ago.  It got embarrassing.  ;)  Right now I'm in the Gale Hawthorne phrase pretty hardcore.  HEE.  HEE.

{ 6 } I've never NOT read a book specifically because of a cover (I also take into account the synopsis, and reviews I read of it) but I DO pay attention to book covers and if a cover is particularly ugly, I will sometimes re-ass how much I want to read that book. 

{ 7 } Even though I make fun of Twilight at every occasion...I used to be a hardcore Jacob/Bella shipper.  To the point that I ventured into the Twilight fandom...then carefully backed away.  I even wrote fic!  And joined a Jacob/Bella community on LiveJournal.  Of course eventually I found other pairings I liked more, but they'll always have a special place in my heart. 

{ 8 } If I like a book A LOT, I will dream cast some of the characters.  For example? MY Finnick Odair is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS going to be Ian Somerhalder.  : )

{ 9 } I get a HUGE thrill when authors I admire talk with me on Twitter or RT one of my tweets.  HUGE geekish thrill. 

{ 10 } I once bought so many books on a trip to visit a friend that I had to BUY a duffel bag to get all of the books home in.  I hid them in my closet when I got home (my family was gone) and my parents never knew how many I bought.  LOL.


Your turn!  What are YOUR book-ish confessions and dirty little secrets?  

1 comments:

Lan said...

I crush on Gale all the time!! Sometimes I get so annoyed with all of the Team Peeta stuff! I used to be obsessed with finishing a series as well but since I started my blog I've had to become really ruthless!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!