f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #29: The Best of the Best
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #29: The Best of the Best







{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!



Top Ten Tuesday - August 21, 2012
Top Ten Favorite Books You've Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog 


Since this is probably going to quickly turn into an embarrassingly gushy fangirl post, I'm going to keep this week's list simple and link to the books and to my reviews of them here on the blog.  If they've earned a "swoon-worthy" rating from me, I would HIGHLY recommend them to readers, and may or may not end up trying to put an actual copy in various friend's hands! 


{ 1 } Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: my review.  CRICKET BELL, ANYONE?  This book was SO SUPER touching to read. 

{ 2 } Timepiece by Myra McEntire: my review.  UM.  KALEB.  JUST...THAT IS ALL.  But seriously, if you've read Hourglass (*coughs* I know you've ALL read it, RIGHT? *coughs*) then you MUST also read Timepiece. 

{ 3 } A Wan So Wicked by Suzanne Young: my review.  Oh wow.  Oh wow.  I cried SO MANY tears reading this book.  It was just...heart-wrenchingly gorgeous, full of both shadows AND hope.

{ 4 } Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: my review.  What a great book this was!  The setting was awesome, and the characters.  OH.  The characters were all so alive and vivid, and the romance was just beautifully subtle yet meaningful.  

{ 5 } Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: my review.  GAH.  How can I EVER say anything articulate about S&B?  It made me feel so, so much....I WEPT over this book.  I don't mean a few errant tears.  I mean I literally sobbed.  It ripped my heart out, then found a way to put it back together. 

{  6} Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock: my review.  *FLAILS* KYYYYLLLLEEE.  Can we all just take a minute to appreciate Kyle - I mean, how awesome this book is?  There's so much action and danger, and romance....the kind of romance that sweeps you off your feet along with the main character.  

{ 7 } Illuminate by Aimee Agresti: my review.  I am SO in love with this book, and excited for Infatuate, the sequel.  (IS IT TIME YET?!)  I adored these characters - Haven, Dante, Lance, Lucian! - and I NEED much more of their stories. 

{ 8 } The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg: my review.  This book taught me SO MUCH about love, healing, and forgiveness.  I simply HAD to own a gorgeous, finished copy for re-reading purposes. 

{ 9 } Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: my review.  I LOVED this one so so so much more than I ever thought that I would or could.  ST CLAIR.  Oh how I adore you, you perfect boy!  Plus, the relationship between Anna and St Clair is AMAZZZING.

{ 10 } Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: my review.  If I REALLY have to explain why I love this one... I will but it's one that EVERYONE should read.  Aria and Perry's relationship is SO beautiful...they go from enemies to understanding one another so well and V Rossi did a fabulous job exploring their prejudices and their bond.  And the storyline is really fantastic, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!