f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #6: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #6: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!

 
Top 10 Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book
debut authors, authors who seem to have taken a hiatus, OR for those who read classics authors you wish would have written another book before they passed


  1. Kate Morton.  I read and loved The Forgotten Garden about a year ago but couldn't get in to her other novels.  So as lame as this is, I'm waiting on another one of hers that I adore, because she really is a genius story-teller. 
  2. Anne Brashares.  I know she's written a new Sisterhood novel but what I REALLY wish she would write is a sequel to My Name is Memory.  I heard a rumor it was the first book in a trilogy, but for now it appears to be a stand-alone, which is cool because it was so awesome; however, I would LOVE to see what else she has planned for the characters.
  3. Elizabeth Haydon.  I read and really enjoyed the first three Symphony of Ages books, then collected a few others.  At one point she published what was touted as the first book in a new spin-off series, but hasn't published anything new in years, which makes me sad.
  4. V.C. Andrews.  The book you may have seen on the shelves in the last years?  They aren't written by V.C. Andrews.  Virginia died years ago and since then the ghost-writer her family hired has slowly, in my opinion, completely ruined the work she did to build her name as a modern-day Gothic writer.  She gave a few interviews before she passed away that leads fans to think she was going to write something totally different; sadly, she never got to do so.  In her day, VCA published some amazing books, like Flowers in the Attic, and it's those books that I pine for. 
  5. David Eddings.  He has since passed on after writing the Belgariad and Mallorean series, which were part of my introduction to sci-fi/fantasy.  One day I'd love to reread them.  He wrote a couple other series but I'm sad he won't ever get to write any more.
  6. Victoria Schwab.  I read, loved, gave away, talked about, and worshipped The Near Witch.  She has another book supposed to be out in 2013 but that is TOO FAR AWAY.  Plus, V is totally amazingly awesome.  
  7. Suzanne Collins.  The Hunger Games trilogy was too incredible for words, and I know she's done some MG stuff but I NEED SOMETHING ELSE.  Preferably a companion to the THG series with some changes to canon so that my personal canon fits, but still...
  8. J.K. Rowling.  I will forever love, adore, and cherish Harry Potter but I miss having new books by her to read, and I only hope that one day she decides to write something else for us to enjoy. 
  9. James Clemens.  I LOVED his The Banned and the Banished series but after that, he wrote two books then fell off the face of the earth - no website updates, no new books, etc. 
  10. Jane Austen.  I've only read P&P from her but it was so wonderful, moving, and just awesome.  Her other novels are on my list but P&P has me wishing she had lived long enough to publish many other novels. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!