f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #5: Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #5: Top Ten Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012

{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!



Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012
  1. Pure by Jennifer L Armentrout.  It's the second book in her Covenant series, featuring a kick-butt heroine and a love triangle I actually like.  Jennifer writes characters you believe in and books that keep you turning page after page. 
  2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.  One of the books for 2012 I am absolutely twitching to read.  It's sitting on my desk now and it's taking all my restraint to get to the other books I have to read first.  This one just sounds amazing. 
  3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano.  I've heard fabulous things about this book and the author and I finally bought a copy a couple weeks ago.  My goal is to read it ASAP! 
  4. Timepiece by Myra McEntire. Hourglass was another of my favorite reads from last year.  It's one of the first YA books I really got into enough to go out and buy last year, and kinda helped, along with a few others, kickstart my interest in YA.  Myra is an incredibly awesome author and person, and I LOVE her ability to write characters and stories that seem so genuine. 
  5. The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell.  The Vespertine was one of my favorite books of 2011 and The Springsweet is the companion novel.  I'm so super psyched for it, because Saundra KNOWS how to tell a compelling story. 
  6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.  For shame. I bought this book last year as soon as it came out, then i never read it.  It was one of the books I was most looking forward to, and I don't have any reason why I haven't read it, just haven't made time, so I look forward to getting to it soon. 
  7. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.  I'm the last person I know who hasn't read this book.  No, really.  I've peeked at a couple parts of it and it. looks. fantastic.  Elves, a Winter Prince, and just plain old GOOD YA fantasy?  Yes, please. 
  8. A Want So Wicked by Suzanne Young.  The sequel to the fabulous A Need so Beautiful.  The first book blew my mind, and the synopsis alone for this one sounds so fabulous.  I'm going to be reading it as part of an ARC tour and I'm so psyched because the series is SO unique!
  9. Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer.  It's the final book in the Nightshade trilogy, and try as I might to avoid love triangles, I HAVE TO KNOW: Ren or Shay, just like everyone else.  Plus, Andrea's books are addictive, fast-paced, and just incredibly well-told. 
  10. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult.  I absolutely adore Jodi.  She is hands down one of my favorite authors.  I've been waiting impatiently for Lone Wolf.  Even though I'm behind on some of her newer novels, like Sing Me Home, Lone Wolf sounds amazing, and I've missed reading Jodi's work so I will for sure be reading this one. 
{ ++ } What about y'all?  What are YOUR top 10?  What books are you anxiously waiting on to be published so that you can get your hands on them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!