f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: TGIF - #6: Week in Review
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, August 5, 2011

TGIF - #6: Week in Review



{ ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events.



Q: Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

 

{ ++ }  I read...a lot.  I read all genres, pretty much, with only a few exceptions.  I fangirl over books and pairings and awesome plot lines.  But the rare book that lingers and lingers with me...that's a special book.  And for me, I guess the answer is pretty simple...

Louisa May Alcott's Little Women taught me so many life lessons.  It taught me about how selfless love can be, between family members.  My childhood wasn't horrible; neither was it perfect.  But this story of the March family and what they persevered through together was truly inspiring.  I cried with Jo when Amy burned her manuscript; years later, a writer myself, I reread the book and sobbed harder than before.  My heart wrenched for Laurie, declaring himself to Jo, only to be turned down.  I burned with fever with fragile Beth, and fell in love with John as Meg did.  I've read the book a couple of times now and in the next year or so, I will probably re-read it.  It teaches so much timeless wisdom: religion is a factor, but the book talks more about doing good things than it ever preaches at you.  And there is so much love, and laughter, and family loyalty.  I just adore the book.   


{ ++ } What about ya'll?



This Week at Once Upon a Prologue

Reviews




Daimon by Jennifer Armentrout
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell

 Memes