f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #15 + Book Blogger Hop - #13
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, August 19, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #15 + Book Blogger Hop - #13




{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and also now at Alison Can Read, and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel and Alison each feature one lucky blogger and the feature this week is Emma @ BelleBooks; Alison's is Valerie @ Stuck in Books.  Everyone please head on over to their blogs, follow, and show them some love!  It's a huge honor (I think!) to be featured.



Question of the Week




If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

{ ++ } Oh wow.  Oh wow.  GREAT question.  It all depends on the book!  I am drawn to all sorts of books - dystopian, where I'd love to be THE character rebelling and causing a fuss; fantasy, on a quest to save the world, or young adult paranormal and be a kick-ass werewolf.  heehee.

But I think I'd write myself into a women's fiction book by someone like Jodi Picoult or Jennifer Weiner and be one of those characters who, through some trials and heartaches and adventures, becomes a better version of herself.  Those are my heroines.  :)



{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!





Question of the Week



What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read? 

{ ++ } The final book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series - at once one of my favorite books ever, and also one of the few books I have ever hated.  It's a bit of a paradox, I suppose, but this book clutched my heart tight,broke it, then slapped it back together haphazardly.  There were so many moments when I cried, and at one point, I threw the book across the room vowing never to finish it.  And yet there was a lot of beauty in it, too.  I read it in 2004 and still have not had the courage to re-read it.  

{ ++ } Happy weekend, everyone!  Looking forward to seeing everyone's answers to these questions, if your participate, or heck, even if you don't.  Leave me a link to your blog and your FF/Hop, or just answer in the comments!  : )