f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Friday - #13 + Book Blogger Hop - #11
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday - #13 + Book Blogger Hop - #11

{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and also now at Alison Can Read, and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel features one lucky blogger and her feature is Bonnie at Hands and Home.  Alison also features a blogger, and hers is Me, My Shelf, and I.  Everyone please head on over to those blogs, follow, and show them some love!  It's a huge honor (I think!) to be featured.


Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?)

{ ++ } What a great question!  There have been several books over the years that launched my love of reading into a new genre, or ramped it up to a fever pitch.   Some authors, whether they will ever know it or not, have deeply changed the way I read books, or thought about my own writing style, and inspired me to dig deeper for my own creativity.

Books/series that totally swept me off my feet as a pre-teen: Sweet Valley High (and later, University and Senior Year), The Baby-Sitter's Club, and R.L. Stine's Fear Street series.  

Later in life: V.C. AndrewsPatrick RothfussBeverly LewisJanette OkeJ.R. WardJ.K. Rowling.

And the the authors that, with their books and their writing, literally changed something about me, the way I read books, and the wy I think about good books: Jodi PicoultRobert JordanAnne Bishop. (I can pick up Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy, and I'm home.  I start crying at the touching parts.  I laugh and laugh at the hilarious parts.  It's a little cheesy at times, but it made sense to me.  The alpha males were fucking awesome.  They bled over a little into my writing - I've since learned how to write kick-ass alpha males.  And I adored the relationships and the plot.  The trilogy will forever hold a special place in my heart.)

{ ++ } What about y'all?



{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!



Q: What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

{ ++ } Just one?  Oh alright!  Probably Kelley Armstrong's The Calling...because um, hello, cliffhanger much?!  I so need to know what happens to these characters!  Um, wait, can I change my answer?  Maybe the third (untitled) book in Pat Rothfuss's The Kingkiller Chronicles trilogy.  BECAUSE UM.  KVOTHE.  AND GAH.  I HAVE to know how it all ends.  

{ ++ } I want to wish everyone a VERY awesome weekend.  I also want to say a big, happy hello to my new followers.  I am off to do some hoppin' and hopefully will see a few familiar and a few new faces around here soon.  : )  Peace out.