f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #34: Oldies but Goodies
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #34: Oldies but Goodies









{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!













October 2, 2012:
Ten "Older" Books You Don't Want People To Forget About


{ 1 } Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  I've read this one probably four or five times, which is a LOT for me considering there  aren't THAT many books I'll re-read.  Little Women always somehow heals me in a different way every time I read it. 

{ 2 } Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  I know that a) this book isn't THAT old and b) I mention it in like EVERY Top Ten but it's...amazing, and left me speechless.  With so many kids being bullied, I think this one should be required reading in high school. 

{ 3 } Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings.  One of the first fantasy books I ever read, this is quest fantasy as its best, other than Tolkien.  David Eddings passed a few years ago, but not before writing some hilarious, action-packed, emotional books that meant a lot to me when I was younger. 

{ 4 } It by Stephen King.  I know, I know, this book is to blame for many people's fear of clowns (probably mine, too) but it's MORE than that.  It's about the magic of childhood, about how simple and powerful belief is, and about how sometimes your friends really CAN save your life. 

{ 5 } Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume.  I read this book as a pre-teen and it meant a lot to me.  Most people know Judy Blume for her "Fudge" books but I loved her stand-alones.  You could say they spoke to my pre-teen heart!

{ 6 } A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young.  I read this one and just...cried and cried.  It hit me SO hard; Charlotte's need to be remembered versus her destiny to be forgotten.  I think EVERYONE should read this one. 

{ 7 } Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.  (NOT to be confused with the newer "VCA" novels written by a ghostwriter.)  VCA novels have been called "the good trash," and "guilty pleasure" novels for years, and they're definitely taboo.  But - I - loved them so much, and always will, because VCA had the balls to write about women who DON'T give up on what they want, and on their dreams.  Cathy may have been selfish at times but she had a backbone.  YA writers could take a few pages from VCA!

{ 8 } The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.  I'll never forget reading this one.  It's the...probably third EVER book I've bought off word of mouth/hype.  I never regretted it.  THIS is a love story.  50 Shades has NOTHING on the steadfast, pure love that Henry and Clare shared. 

{ 9 } Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf.  This is a recent read, but I feel like it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves.  The main character grows SO much over the course of this novel, and it's a story of courage and triumph. 

{ 10 } The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.  Like there's ANY chance of these books EVER being forgotten, right?  BUT STILL.  I learned SO much about life, friendship, and how to be brave from these books. 




Your turn!  What made YOUR Top Ten this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!