Today I'm thrilled to have the fabulous Jennifer L Armentrout on the blog! Jennifer rocketed into the world of YA lit in early 2011 and I've been fortunate enough to get to read all of her books so far (although I DO need to get my hands on a copy of ONYX.) I recently read and loved CURSED, and gave away two ARCs. There was a lot of interest in that book, and since we ALL love Jennifer, I decided to invite her here to answer a few questions. So read what she had to say, and then enter the giveaway to win a JLA book of your choice! This ranges from Half-Blood to Obsidian, to Deity - ANY one JLA book, even if it's a pre-order. Never read a JLA book? Here's your chance!
Thanks so much to Jennifer for being amazing and taking the time to do this interview with me!
1) If you could spend a day with any one of your characters, who would it be and why? What would you want to do with him/her?
I'd probably spend the day with Aiden from the Covenant Series and honestly just watch him play the guitar. There's nothing hotter than that.
2) Which character is the most challenging for you to write and why? Do you enjoy writing for this character?
Several of my characters are hard for me to write. Aiden--because he's really like an onion and you have to peel back the layers. Ember from Cursed is another hard character because she hasn't had an easy life. The hardest is Samantha from Don't Look Back (Hyperion 2014).
3) It's a rainy day, good for nothing but reading. What book would you most want to curl up with?
Either Soul Screamers or the Black Dagger Brotherhood.
4) Is there any kind of a book you want to write but haven't? (ie. contemporary YA, or adult and a different genre than you've written, etc)
I've pretty much have written something in every kind of genre that I've wanted to write.
5) What advice, if any, would you give your "younger writing self" from the standpoint of where you are at now in your writing career?
Don't allow yourself to get so distracted and forget what its like to write and create something. I wish I hadn't for those years I wasn't writing.
Isn't Jennifer awesome?!
USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you've heard about her state aren't true. When she's not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories....which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Lynn.
Connect with Jennifer: Blog | Website | Twitter
To enter the giveaway, just be a follower, and don't forget the extra entries!