f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #23: First Reads, First Loves
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #23: First Reads, First Loves








{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!





July 10, 2012:
Top 10 Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

This was a TTT topic awhile back and I think I missed it.  Either way, I wanted to choose it today since today is a Freebie Top Ten.  Enjoy!  

{ 1 } Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews.  If you know me at all, I don't have to elaborate.  *winks*  But this book changed me FOREVER.  It shocked me, made me cry, made me fall in love for the first time with fictional characters, offended me, scared me, CHANGED little innocent 14 year old me.  I wasn't ready for VC Andrews, and I probably never would have been, but from then on, I read anything and everything and started writing for myself. 

{ 2 } Tempest by Julie Cross.  This is one of those special books that I literally read in a day.  I had to leave in the middle to go run errands and y'all, I AGONIZED over having to leave this book.  I cried SO HARD over it and I felt SO much for Jackson and the other characters. 
{ 3 } Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  Remember that time I got the ARC in the mail and skipped back into the house, and couldn't WAIT to start this book?  I read it and loved it, and still think about it quite often, wondering what the sequel will hold, if this question will ever be answered, etc.  THAT is the mark of a great book.  

{ 4 } The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.  BEST.  BOOK.  EVER.  And, it needs to be noted, the ONLY book I have ever bought after just reading the back and the blurbs from other authors.  I ALWAYS check out reviews beforehand, but I bought Rothfuss's first book on a whim and haven't regretted it even once.  It's one of my favorite fantasy novels ever, and I wish I could re-experience it for the first time.  I can't explain my love for these novels, or this author.  I went to his site just now to catch up on his blog and I'm crying, y'all.  I'm a HUGE sap and there's just something so insanely personal about Patrick's blogs.  He's hands down one of my favorite authors but also seems like a genuinely awesome guy. 

{ 5 } The  Hunger  Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  With the movie out and other movies coming, this series is constantly on my mind and I wish more than anything I could read it again for the first time.  Mostly because of Gale/Katniss and FINNICK and Gale/Katniss, and the world-building and EVERYTHING.  I may re-read it at some point, although it's been a year and a half and I'm STILL broken about Mockingjay.

{ 6 } The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.  Some day I want to re-read this series...and be brave enough to watch the final movie (I still haven't, because oh my goodness, THE TEARS that I anticipate crying...) 

{ 7 } Half-Blood by Jennifer L Armentrout.  Man, I fell hard for this book, for Alex, and for Aiden.  I've got an ARC of Deity sitting on my dresser, that's how in love with this series I STILL am.  

{ 8 } Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  This book changed my life in a lot of ways.  It made me THINK.  It made me FEEL.  It made me look at how I was living MY life.  It just, it's perfection. 

{ 9 } Saving June by Hannah Harrington.  Oh man.  I bawled and bawled reading this book.  I read it in a matter of hours, y'all.  I didn't get up from the time I started it to the finish, except maybe for a bathroom break.  I just, I FELL IN LOVE with Harper and Jake, and Hannah Harrington's writing style.  I'd give anything to be able to read it again, for the first time. 

{ 10 } The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.  Man, what a ride.  What a book.  In the words of one of my best friends, who I loaned this book to, who is NOT a reader, and who took a solid year to finish this book, "I'm mad at you because it's over and now I don't get to travel with Henry anymore." 



Your turn!  What topic did y'all choose this week?

2 comments:

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

You've got some goodies there. I need to peel Shatter Me off the shelf and read it for the 1st time.

Lan said...

I wish I could go back and reread THG as well. I can remember staying up all night and not being able to think about anything else for weeks. You've got some great picks here!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!