f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday + Book Blogger Hop: 04/15/11
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, April 15, 2011

Follow Me Friday + Book Blogger Hop: 04/15/11

{ ++ } It's that time of the week again, ya'll - TGIF!  Let's celebrate.  : )








{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } This week's featured blog is Romance Around the Corner, hosted by both Marie and Brie!  Before I get to my answer to this week's question, ya'll be sure to check them out!

This week's question: do you have anyone you can discuss books with IRL?  Tell us about him/her.

{ ++ } I am so very lucky to have several friends "IRL" that I get to geek out over books with.  My BFF Juls is probably the main one - we tend to end up rec'ing a lot of books to one another, and loving them as well.  I have several friends at work too, who share my love of books, and don't mind me bending their ear/s.  Juls is kinda special to me though as we met through an online roleplaying group and became best friends over seven years ago.  We don't get to see each other very often but it's always special times when we do.  And I have to say, if I couldn't discuss, vent, laugh and cry about books with someone, I'm not sure I'd make it.  ;)



 { ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.

This week's question: pick a character from a book you are currently reading or have just finished and tell us about him/her.

{ ++ } Let's talk about Kvothe from The Wise Man's Fear by Pat Rothfuss.  I often describe Kvothe as a smart-ass Harry Potter but that so does not do him justice.  Kvothe is a legend in his own right, but the books are only slowly clueing us in to how he became those legends.  He's a poet, he's a gentleman, he's a smart-ass, he's an arcanist.  He's made me laugh and cry.  He's tough and he'll do what has to be done.  He makes mistakes.  He's wounded, and he's fierce.  He's on a quest to find his parent's killers and hopefully learn about magic, life, the universe, and everything along the way.  He's stolen a place in my heart and has made my short list of favorite male literary characters....ever.  : ) 

{ ++ } That's a wrap for this time, but ya'll remember how much I love new friends, right?