Is it ironic to talk about rebooting my blog on the day the world is supposed to end? Cause, yeah, that's what this post is about.
You'll hear me talking A LOT in the coming months about "getting back to the basics." I have thought a great deal about this blog - where I am, where I want to be, who I am, who I'm not. And the truth is, this year I let a great deal go to my head. I haven't talked publicly about my struggles with blogger jealousy, or coveting followers or anything like that a whole lot, but that doesn't mean I haven't had those thoughts. Thoughts I want to get away from.
Simply put, I need a fresh start.
So Once Upon a Prologue is getting a reboot. What does that mean? Here's an idea of what you can expect:
- The biggest changes first: in early 2013 Once Upon a Prologue will be getting a new design, AND moving to Wordpress. I can't wait to debut my new design! I am legit SO EXCITED. And I think the move to WP will be awesome.
- I will be posting more about both, especially the move, way ahead of time so you can be prepared.
- I am aware that I may lose followers, because Wordpress = losing GFC. That's a risk I have to take to become a better blogger.
- I will be having more FUN here at the blog. I started taking myself too seriously, and that isn't who I am. So expect more zany posts, humor, etc.
- My review format is changing, as some of you may have noticed. It's essentially ALL the same information, just looks a bit different. I added a small "about the author" section at the end.
- I'm putting LESS of an importance on memes. Top Ten Tuesday is staying. Waiting On Wednesday will be once a month or maybe once every other week after January.
- I will possibly be adding a monthly wrap up posts with blog-o-sphere news, posts I loved, book-ish squee news/etc. Would LOVE your input on when this should be - monthly, twice a month?
- My Stacking the Shelves (Once Upon A Book Haul) will be coming around ONLY once a month. No more once a week - I got into trying to "keep up" with my fellow bloggers and that, girls and guys, is NOT what it's about.
That's where my head's at right now. I will keep y'all informed of all changes, where to find me, what's in store, etc in advance. There will still be discussion posts, reviews, and giveaways, but also more fun posts!
So let's make 2013 great!