f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #14: Top Ten Young Adult Books
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #14: Top Ten Young Adult Books





{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!


{ ++ } Top X Genre Books (pick the genre you want: Top Ten Historical fiction books, Top Ten Dystopian Books, Top Ten Victorian Novels)

March 13: Top Ten Young Adult Novels

 (To honor the genre I NEVER expected to adore as much as I do now!)

{ 1} The Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray.  (Y'all should know by now that I ALWAYS cheat at these things.)  It's three separate books, yes, BUT in my mind it's just one long, amazing story.  Gemma is a fierce, proud, awesome heroine, who I totally admire and respect.  I'd rec this trilogy to anyone as a GREAT example of YA fiction. 

{ 2 } Delirium by Lauren Oliver.  Yes, it has some flaws but I unashamedly will fangirl over this book for...forever.  Lauren's message of love is so inspiring and her writing is absolutely gorgeous. 

{ 3 } Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead.  This series was SO thrilling and emotional, and was one of the books that really helped lure me back to reading YA novels.  I didn't care for the first book in the series, Vampire Academy, but with the second, third, etc the series just got better and better. 

{ 4 } Hourglass by Myra McEntire.  .........If you don't know by now that I adore this book like 1000% and the many reasons WHY...then clearly you haven't been here very often.  ; )

{ 5 } The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong.  Again, I have trouble really separating the books because they're ALL good.  This trilogy is always going to be one of my favorites.  The main character is grounded and strong, and ALL the other characters are so well-fleshed out - not to mention the plot is compelling.  Kelley is one of my favorite authors, hands down. 

{ 6 } Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  Gorgeous writing style + amazingly strong and kind heroine + one of the most swoon-worthy boys EVER = a book I thoroughly enjoyed.  I'm already anxiously awaiting the sequel, Unravel Me. 

{ 7 } Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout.  Some would probably choose Half-Blood over Obsidian but...there was just SOMETHING undeniably awesome about Obsidian.  The Covenant novels have Aiden and Seth, who are amazing...but Obsidian has Daemon Black.  I'm pretty sure that all bad-boys-with-a-heart originate from Daemon Black. 

{ 8 } Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.  I loved Andrea's novels so much because they feature a female alpha werewolf, and a totally different take on pack life, cultures, etc.  I haven't read Bloodrose yet, but oh, do I want to. 

{ 9 } Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  OH MY.  Really, what more can I say other than, please read my review, then please go buy this book. 

{ 10 } Illuminate by Aimee Agresti.  I read this book a few weeks ago and I'm just, I'm STILL thinking about it, wondering what the next book will hold.  Aimee is a debut author and I cannot WAIT to see where she takes her series and her characters.  I'm really loving angel books and Illuminate is amazing.  Just check out my review if you want proof.  : )

And what are YOUR choices for your Top Ten favorite books of the genre you chose?  Be sure to leave me links so I can come by and visit your post! 

11 comments:

Mimi Valentine said...

"I'm pretty sure that all bad-boys-with-a-heart originate from Daemon Black." <-- So true LOL! x) Daemon is one of the biggest reasons why I loved Obsidian so much (that, and the fact that Katy was a book blogger and the story was about aliens)! And oh my gosh, you really need to read Bloodrose! It's getting lots of mixed reactions because of what happened in the end, but I think it was a fantastic end to the series. Plus, buying Anna = no brainer! ;)

Amazing top ten, Molli! I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of seeing how similar our lists can be! :) <3

Jade said...

I bought Anna and the French Kiss because of your review...check my new post! And I'm so going to get Delirium soon. And I have the second in the Nightshade series, Wolfsbane (caue I saw it on sale), so now I have topick up the first so I can start this series. Nice list!

Elizabeth Rodriguez said...

I've read most of these, but not all. I agree with 3, 4, 5, and 9, since I loved them all :)

Liza’s Top Ten

Caitlin Lomas said...

SO glad The VA books and Anna made it to your top 10....totally agree there!

The Cait Files

Kate said...

Lots of great choices! I will definitely have to take a look at Illuminate. It sounds really good!

Brie Clementine said...

I should catch up on my YA books because I've only read Anna and the French Kiss! But that was a great book so I'm not surprised it made you list.

Beth Fred said...

I LOVE YA! Great picks!

Ems said...

I love so many of these! Absolutely agree with the Gemma Doyle books, Delirium, Anna, & Nightshade...need to read the others!

Gina said...

Love this list! Haha, of course, Hourglass has to be on this list! One of the best books I have read this year! Anna and the French Kiss is so fantastic! Loved it. Darkest Powers series is great. I just love this list! Great job!

http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com

Giselleco said...

Great list! I really want to read Hourglass! I didn't know how popular it was until the reviews for the sequel started coming up.

Megan @ Between the Lines said...

I LOVE the Gemma Doyle trilogy! I really need to re-read that series. So many books that I want to re-read but then I sacrifice reading new books. Ahh. Choices! =/

I really want to read Obsidian. I keep hearing so many great things about it! After these library books... it will be at the top of my TBR!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!