f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Once Upon a Blogger - #3 Arianne from Arianne Cruz!
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, March 23, 2012

Once Upon a Blogger - #3 Arianne from Arianne Cruz!







Because connecting doesn't stop at the "follow" button!


{ ++ } Once Upon a Blogger is a new feature I've started here at Once Upon a Prologue.  Each month (provided there's an ongoing interest!) I will feature one of my fellow bloggers (preferably a follower of mine) in an interview series designed to get to know my followers better, and also to spotlight other book bloggers.  I want to know who my followers are, beyond a name, and I want to put myself out there so y'all can know me better, too.  

{ ++ } This week's feature is Arianne from Arianne Cruz - she reviews movies, books, and the occasional television show (like The Vampire Diaries...bonus points!)  Have a look at her interview, then hop on over to her blog and show her some love!


I'm an actor, a reader, an occasional writer, a singer, a college student, and a businesswoman. If you want to know more, browse my blog or send me a message! I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Find Arianne online: TwitterBlog





Book-ish Questions

{ ++ } Why did you start your book blog?

Technically, I don’t have a book blog. It’s more a blog about me in general, but I do post more book reviews than anything else. I started my blog because I wanted to share my opinion with the rest of the world. And I wanted to make money but that’s not happening ;)

{ ++ } If you can accomplish one thing with your blog, what would it be? 

Connect with my readers.
 
{ ++ } Do you have a “comfort zone” genre, or do you read a bit of everything?  If you have that comfort zone, do you tend to push yourself out of it from time to time, or does it take others recommending a book to you to do that?

I don’t think I have a comfort zone genre… But I do have limits. I don’t read scary books, middle grade books, self-help, or non-fiction.

{ ++ } What is the one book or series that means the most to you, and why?

Right now, it is Hunger Games trilogy. It affected me like crazy. When I think of it, I feel like I just read it yesterday.  (Molli's note:  THIS.  I've read A LOT of books but The Hunger Games trilogy is one of my favorite ever...it's so real, so possible, so emotional.)

{ ++ } Is there something you thought was true about book blogging that you’ve since found out isn’t?

I wasn’t aware of the book blogging community so I didn’t have any thoughts.

{ ++ } What do you think the book blogging community needs more – or less – of?

More interaction with each other, less memes – I feel like it takes away from originality.

{ ++ } What is your favorite memory so far of book blogging?

Meeting amazing bloggers, authors, and winning LOTS OF BOOKS.

{ ++ } If you could only read one genre for the foreseeable future, what would it be and why?  

Oh my, hard question. I would say Young Adult. I love romance but Young Adult keeps me feeling young and innocent.

{ ++ } Tell me your favorite book quote, be it one that makes you laugh, inspires you, etc.

Hmm. I don’t know if I have one specific quote… Let me think… Nope, nothing comes to mind. I pick quotes for my reviews all the time so I don’t really have a chance to just have one favorite.

{ ++ } Is there any certain book character you consider your favorite, or perhaps one who you felt a kinship with, someone who inspires you every time you think of them?  

Inspiring character is Katniss from Hunger Games. Character I can most relate to is Brenna Blixen from the Brenna Blixen novels by Liz Reinhardt

{ ++ } Is there any book you reread every so often, just because?  Or a series that is your “go-to” rec when a friend is wanting something new/different to read?

I haven’t re-read just yet. My go-to recommended book is HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY!!!! If I could only pick one, I’d pick that one. But if I could pick more, I’d suggest pretty much my collection.

{ ++ } Talk about any author/s who have really gotten hold of your heart, changed the way you thought about reading…really made a lasting impression on you.  

SUZANNE COLLINS. Need I say more??? Her writing is just absolute phenomenon. As for an author that touched me, Liz Reinhardt because the things her characters experience, I feel like I experienced in real life. The words that were said to her character were also said to me.

This or That
{ ++ } Dance in the snow or in the rain?
I don’t really dance but I’d choose snow for like 5 minutes then run for the warm house haha.
{ ++ } E-book or “real” book?
REAL BOOK ALL THE WAY
{ ++ } Staying up late or sleeping in?
Isn’t that the same thing? Lately I just don’t want to sleep.  (Moll's note: haha, NOT the same thing.  Sleeping in is SO much nicer.  :D)
{ ++ } Summer or Winter?
This is a hard question because there are times when I’d rather have it cold so I can bundle up, but when it’s hot, I can only take so much of my clothes off….. Hmm… Can I pick spring? :D

Odds & Ends

{ ++ } You’re stranded on a deserted island.  You can have one book, one CD/album and one item of luxury (ie soap, chocolate, etc).  What three do you choose?

I would pick Hunger Games book – might help me survive, a Lady Gaga CD, and… item of luxury.. I suppose soap would be nice so I can get clean.

{ ++ } Favorite pastime outside of reading?

Good question.. uhm… hanging out with my writing group

{ ++ } Your top 5 favorite movies, in no certain order?

Dear John, Hunger Games (even though it hasn’t come out, This Christmas, Camp Rock, Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure.. Lol I don’t really have favorites, those are just the ones that came to mind when I was answering this.

{ ++ } The song that’s currently stuck in your head?

Middle by Demi Lovato

{ ++ } Summarize your book blog, Tweet style (140 characters or less!)

My book reviews are critically and technically honest with polite seasoning, sprinkled with favorite quotes/scenes and a whole lot of admiration for the book and the author.

{ ++ } Name one book you’re “saving for a rainy day,” ie you haven’t read it because you want to savor it, just haven’t been in the mood to read it – yet -, etc.  

This is so hard!! Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers, Destined by P.C./Kristin Cast, Bloodlines by Richelle Mead




{ ++ } Thank you for participating, Arianne!  It was a lot of fun featuring you.  As always, if YOU would like to be featured, please send me an email at courageousgrace (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the form on my Contact Me page!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!