f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #13: Cover Story
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #13: Cover Story



{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!









March 6: Top Ten Favorite Covers 





{ 1 } Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon.  This cover was so stunning.  I did have a few issues with the story itself but it was highly entertaining and swoon-worthy!  I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel.  I really loved the characters and the romance. 

{ 2 } Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.  I just started this one and it's already really unique.  I definitely am glad I requested an ARC after swooning daily over the cover for like a month. 

{ 3 } The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg.  It's airy and light, and yet the book is actually rather meaningful, watching Brie go through the stages of grief.  Something about this cover just spoke to me and I'm so glad I listened! 

{ 4 } Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.  I was enthralled with this book from the moment I saw the cover, and the real beauty of it is, the story is just as gorgeous and haunting as the cover is!  Definitely one of my "best reads" so far of 2012! 


{ 5 } Illuminate by Aimee Agresti.  This one comes out this week I believe and y'all need to preorder or heck, go buy a copy.  IT IS WORTH IT.  I promise.  Aimee's debut novel is gorgeous and amazing in so many ways. 

{ 6 } Cinder by Marissa Meyer.  The cover is unique, not too flashy, but rather stunning.  And the story is fast-paced and breath-taking.  Cinder is a really amazing heroine! 


{ 7 } Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.  I know a lot of people were scoffing at this cover, but I thought it was beautiful.  And yes, there IS a reason for the dress, if you pay attention. 

{ 8 } Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I finally read this one last year and I really enjoyed the story - the heroine, Nora, and her romance with troubled Patch.  The cover to me is just absolutely stunning! 



{ 9 } Hourglass by Myra McEntire.  BECAUSE LOOK AT IT.  Not enough?  The story is also pretty amazing.  :)

{ 10 } Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood.  There's just SOMETHING about this one.  It draws me.  I bought a copy of this one and cannot wait to dive into it soon. 









{ ++ } What are your Top Ten covers?!  And do we share any in common?

12 comments:

Jade said...

I love the Born Wicked cover, it's gorgeous.

Crystal Grant said...

I love the covers of Illuminate, Hourglass and Born Wicked! Hourglass is almost creepy because that shouldn't be possible! Great choices :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

Tanya Patrice said...

Awesome covers. My fave from your list is Carrier of the Mark.

Megan@YA? Why Not? said...

Cinder and Hourglass made my list too! I love the cover of Born Wicked, but I could not get into the book. Totally bummed about it too. I wanted to love it! Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-RT

Sara (of the Page Sage) said...

I absolutely LOVE Cinder's cover! It's so cool!

Mimi Valentine said...

Ohhh, Molli, I love how every single cover on your list is one that I'm in love with too! <3 The Catastrophic History of You and Me and Born Wicked especially -- I'd be lying if I said that those gorgeous covers weren't the first things that caught my eye! x) And LOL so far, The Carrier of the Mark is just sitting there and looking beautiful on my shelf, but I definitely plan on reading it soon! :)

Amazing top ten, Molli! And I really don't think the computer does any justice to the Shatter Me cover -- I loved it too, and it was so shiny & gorgeous in person! ;) <3

Maja said...

I bought Born Wicked solely because of the cover and now I must read it, lol. I hope it will be good. I had an arc of The Catastrophic History so my cover doesn't look quite as amazing, but the book was pretty awesome.
And gosh, I loved Shatter me so much, Molli! It's one of my favorite releases last year. :)
Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Book Sake said...

It's something about the dresses. Maybe because we (or at least I) don't dress up so much every day that it makes us drawn in to these covers. I do love the one for Born Wicked especially!
- Jessica @ Book Sake

Anonymous said...

Those are seriously amazing covers. I totally judge based on covers, so if they're pretty, I'm 10 times more likely to pick up the book. Also, I want to frame book covers and use them as art in my house. Nerd...loud & proud!

I think I'd also pick Die for Me, Princess of the Midnight Ball, and the Matched covers. Gorgeous!

Ems said...

I am a cover judger. If a book has a pretty cover, I'm 10 times more likely to pick it up. And I want their dresses pretty badly too.

I'd add Die for Me, Princess of the Midnight Ball, and the Matched covers. Gorgeous!

Catriona - Little Book Owl said...

Wonderful cover selection!
I totally agree with these - especially Cinder, Born Wicked, Hourglass, and Under the Never Sky. Amazing :)

My Top 10 Covers

Giselleco said...

LOVE Born Wicked's cover!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!