f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #3
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - #3




++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!

{ ++ } This week's Top 10 is: Top Ten Authors I Would Die to Meet.  (Authors can be alive or deceased.)  And wow, what a question this is!  There is no way I can actually rank these authors, since I would pretty much be doing the Wayne's World "I'm not worthy!" thing...and praying for one of the following authors to say, a la Steven Tyler, "you're worthy, you're worthy...get up!"  Haha!




{ 1 } Jodi Picoult.  She's fabulous.  No, really.  She writes these amazing books that tackle hard to read about subjects.  She just...gets a good grip on your heart and doesn't let go.  Plus...she seems really amazing!


{ 2 } Patrick Rothfuss.  Because he's one of the most awesome fantasy writers I've ever encountered (well not really or, well, see the above "I'm not worthy" comment).  He writes a kick ass, funny-as-hell blog where he actually interacts with his fans.  How cool is that?!



{ 3 } Libba Bray.  Wow, do I need to explain?  I'm a HUGE fan of her Gemma Doyle trilogy.  I love her writing style and am in fact quite envious of her story-telling abilities.  : D



{ 4 } Kelley Armstrong.  Because, well.  She's just TOO awesome!  She gave us Elena/Clay.  *bows down*  I adore her writing style, and how real her characters seem!

{ 5 } Terry Brooks.  Oh wow.  Wow.  One of the first sci-fi/fantasy authors I read.  I remember coming across one of his books at Wal-Mart and going, "hmm.  I'll try it."  Couple months later I was writing a report about the book and flailing over him from then on!




{ 6 } Anne Bishop.  Um.  Yeah.  If you know me at all you know Anne Bishop's Black Jewels trilogy still makes my knees weak, five years after I first read it.  Cause, um...Daemon Sadi?  Yes please.  Plus she just has a WAY with her storytelling!


{ 7 } Suzanne Collins.  The author of The Hunger Games and my intense, never ending, always flail-y love for Finnick Odair and Peeta Mellark.  : )  I could try to accurately express my admiration of her but I'd start rambling and shame myself.  ; )


 { 8 } Diana Gabaldon.  Author of the fantastic, fabulous, and phenomenal Outlander series, or aka one of the series guaranteed to make me flail continuously the entire time I'm reading one of her books.  : D  Plus...Jamie/Claire!  One of my book OTP's!


{ 9 } J. K. Rowling.   : ) : ) : )

Do I have to say anything?  Harry.  Ron.  Hermione.  Ron/Hermione.  Harry/Ginny.  Ron/Hermione.  :D

Also?  I cry every time I see a trailer for any of the movies.  I will watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone every time it is on. 




{ 10 }V. C. Andrews.  Full disclosure:  I haven't read a V.C. Andrews (ghostwritten by Andrew Neiderman) since 2004.  But I still get a little swoon-y over Flowers in the Attic and the subsequesent Dollanganger series, and the stand-alone novel, My Sweet Audrina.  If this amazing lady was still alive, I would move heaven and earth to meet her.  I've laughed, cried, and been outraged and heart-broken and so happy reading her books.  Somewhere deep in my heart, V.C. Andrews and her books kick-started my mature love of reading and writing.  :  )



{ ++ } I'm excited to see everyone else's lists!  And...just because an author isn't on here doesn't mean there aren't many many more I'd shame myself to meet.  ; )  Everyone have a great Tuesday!