f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: TGIF - #5
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, July 15, 2011

TGIF - #5

{ ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events.

Q: Book Blogger Appreciation: which book blogs have inspired you
or made a difference in your blogging experience?

{ ++ } Wow, great question!  I've been blogging for about four and a half months now and I still consider myself a novice.  I've been at LiveJournal for years and I've written book reviews there and on my Goodreads but writing for this sort of audience is so different!  I am always thinking of how my reviews are perceived (hopefully as honest and thought-provoking!) and I am always looking to grow as a blogger, and as a writer.  I've seen SO many book blogs that I admire, and met some really terrific people behind those blogs.  I could list so many, but to keep from rambling on...  Suz at A Soul Unsung is one of my good friends, and she actually inspired me to start my own book blog; after I got my feet wet, I discovered Rachel at Parjunkee's View and her Book Blogging 101 (which has really helped me!)  Later, I stumbled across the fabulous Ginger (our host!) at GReads (she's actually really fab ya'll!) and I've also gotten to start interacting with some other really awesome bloggers: Sarah at I'm Loving Books, Jess at Gone With the Words, and so on.  There are so many amazing girls and guys out there in our community...so be sure to reach out to them, and tell them...thanks!


This Week at Once Upon a Prologue

Reviews
Twilight's Child by V.C. Andrews
Midnight Whispers by V.C. Andrews

Meme's

Music Monday: Clay/Elena from Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Teaser Tuesday: Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Waiting on Wednesday: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

{ ++ } That's all I've got for this week.  Ya'll check out anything I've listed above that you may have missed, and look for (hopefully!) a few new reviews this coming week!  Oh and on a side note, I switched from Intense Debate to Disqus in my comments and it looks like I accidentally lost my former comments.  :(  Please know that I do try to respond to all comments though!