f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #11 + Book Blogger Hop - #9
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, July 22, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #11 + Book Blogger Hop - #9

{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and also now at Alison Can Read, and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel features one lucky blogger and her feature is We Fancy Books.  Alison's is A Novella's Tale.  Everyone please head on over to those blogs, follow, and show them some love!  It's a huge honor (I think!) to be featured.

Q. Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?
{ ++ } Just 3, huh?   Okay, let's see if I can do this!  Well #1 hands down is Jodi Picoult.  At the end of the day, she is my favorite female author.  Her stories are SO undeniably real, and I admire her to no end.  #2 is Pat Rothfuss.  He's my favorite sci-fi/fantasy author, and in some ways, probably my favorite male author.  #3 is probably J.K. Rowling.  With the Harry Potter franchise coming to an end of sorts, it's made me remember my Potter love, and it's all because of the awesome Jo Rowling.  : ) I'd love to pick those three author's brains, and just trade writing stories with each of them.



{ ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.  It's also a party and it's all in fun!

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

{ ++ } Mystery novels.  It's not that I haven't read and enjoyed a few really awesome mystery novels.  They just aren't my cup of tea.  I like a book with some mystery TO it, just not a straight up "who did it" novel.   I read pretty much everything else voraciously.