f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Armchair BEA - #3: Beyond the Blog
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armchair BEA - #3: Beyond the Blog









Armchair BEA 
Day 4: Beyond the Blog 


Those of you who have been around for awhile know that I'm a writer.  I started scribbling "stories" when I was in 7th grade, and when I was in 9th grade I got REALLY brave and wrote "a book."  It went a lot like this.  Then I wrote another one, and another one.  Now granted, these were just my attempts, but they were still that: me trying, and somewhere in all that trying, I grew up, I started reading more and more, and I found a love of words, and the magic they create when they go together. 

I learned new words, and discovered new worlds, thanks to Elizabeth Haydon, Barbara Hambly, Terry Brooks, and Stephen King.  I opened the covers of books I never knew existed, and met characters that became like friends, and got me through some terrible times, including Being A Teenager, and my parents almost divorcing, and That Boy Breaking My Heart, and a lot of other Teenage Things.  I learned that it's okay to dream big, because these writers had and because they dared, they were published.  People - like me - devoured their stories.  

I kept trying.  

I joined several online roleplays, and then in 2005, along with two friends, I left behind fan fiction and roleplays, and moved into writing for my own, original characters.  With my best friends, I opened doors and continually challenged myself to keep growing as a writer, and to keep dreaming.  I wrote for male characters for the first time.  I learned about alpha males and swooned - a lot. 

More and more, I find time speeding right past me, to the point that I wonder if I'll ever get caught up on the laundry, much less publish a book.  But it's still a dream of mine, especially when I look at friends I've met through blogging who have self-published.  I think about it and know that someday... I just might take that plunge.  

I've written YA contemporary for years.  I recently made the painful decision to put away my current characters for awhile, and to put on hold the storylines I was working on with a friend.  Life is creeping in around the cracks for the both of us, and we each needed a break - to come back, refreshed and renewed, or to start again with new characters when the time is right.  That was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but by no means are those characters gone.  They'll never be gone - they're just not my primary focus right now.  Jonah, Isabella, Mia, Luke, Marcail - they're all up in this crazy brain of mine, somewhere.  

Do I want to take them - or new characters - further?  Do I want to go "beyond the blog?"  Perhaps, someday.  When I find the right story, that begs to be told and doesn't take no for an answer.  I'd love to either self publish or actually pitch something of mine to a publisher. And when I do?  I hope y'all will go along for the ride with me. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!