f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Top Ten Tuesday - #16: Top Ten Books To Read In A Day
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - #16: Top Ten Books To Read In A Day







{ ++ } Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish, this meme features a different theme every week, and hey, it's Tuesday - we've got the rest of the week ahead of us.  We all need a little fun, and who doesn't love the challenge of ranking their top 10 anything...especially when it comes to books?!  I know I do, hence why I thought it'd be fun to participate, and spice things up a little!






April 3: Top Ten Books To Read In A Day


{ 1 } Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.  I don't read a LOT of chick lit, but this one is so cute and fun, I can't imagine it not being a great beach or pool-side read.

{ 2 } Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.  This one is so fast-paced that if I were to re-read it, I could definitely see myself devouring it in one sitting!  It launches an amazing YA series I adore!

{ 3 } Dark Lover by JR Ward.  This is the first book in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series, one of the first paranormal romance series I read...and I'm going to be doing a series re-read soon in celebration of the fact that my FAVORITE character's book was just released.  I'll have to see if I can read this one in a day.  :)

{ 4 } The Catastophic History of You &  Me by Jess Rothenberg.  I DID read this book in a day...it's so emotional, filled with moments that will make you cry and happily, moments that will make you laugh.  If you haven't read it, why haven't you?  For a story about death, it's also a story about life and love AFTER death and worth a read, because for the few moments you'll be sad, you'll end it beaming - I promise!

{ 5 } Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock.  I just finished this one and it did take me two days, but if I'd had a day off from work when I was reading it...whew.  It is SO breathless, fast-paced, action-packed with a swoon-worthy romance and amazingly genuine characters that trust me, you WILL NOT want to stop reading it. 

{ 6 } Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout.  Having just finished Pure, I'm in a mood for more JLA.  If you haven't read any of her books, start here - as sexy as Daemon Black is in Obsidian, you'll also have Aiden and Seth in Half-Blood to swoon over, and it's another fast, awesomely fun read!

{ 7 } The Darkest Night by Gena Showalter.  This is the first book in her amazingly sexy and compelling Lords of the Underworld series, and if I didn't read this one in a day, shame on me, because it just doesn't do anything but make you want to read faster.  Gena is fabulous and if you like PNR and haven't read her books, I suggest starting here! 

{ 8 } Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.  This one will grab ahold of you and refuse to let go.  Kai is one of the most awesome love interests around, and Anna was a real pleasure to read about, not to mention the fact that the twists and action just don't stop in Sweet Evil until the last page.  You'll be finished before you realize it!

{ 9 } Slide by Jill Hathaway.  This one is short but it also is fast-paced, and a great little murder mystery book with a neat twist.  I didn't love it as much as I wanted to, but it's definitely a debut I'd recommend to readers looking for a quick, mysterious read! 

{ 10 } Saving June by Hannah Harrington.  Once you've embarked on the journey with Harper and Jake, you won't want to stop until you've read every last page.  I read this book over one tear-filled night (but wait, some of them are GOOD tears!) and I think you will, too.  It was truly amazing - emotional, sad, happy, even made me laugh a time or two! 


{ ++ } What about you?  What book or books could or would YOU read in a day, and why? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting! I appreciate every comment, and in return, will try to visit a recent post of yours and comment. PLEASE leave a link back to your blog in the comment so I can come to your blog. And have a fabulous day!