f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: "Why I Love" Wednesday - #1
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Why I Love" Wednesday - #1

{ ++ } Why I Love Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous Alexis at Reflections of a Book Aholic.  (If you don't know her, go follow her blog, mm'kay?!)  Each week Alexis picks a topic for book bloggers to highlight.  The only rule?  Show some MASSIVE love to the recipient of her weekly topic. 




{Why I Love...} A book crush



Confession time: I have way too many fictional boyfriends.

But there are two who tie for first in my heart, my little fangirl heart, and so tonight, I am going to talk about none other than Finnick Odair.  *gasps*  What?  You don't know who Finnick is?   (Be careful, there ARE some spoilers there.)  Finnick is my favorite character from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy.  Finnick appears in both the second and third books in the trilogy, and though I'm not sure if I can put into words my love for him, I'm going to try. 

Finnick is a person who, when he loves, loves deeply.  His character goes through a lot, and at times I wondered if he could be trusted, but when he proves his loyalty, it doesn't waver.  At his core, Finnick has a lot more depth and heart than he shows the rest of the world.  He's a little bit mischievous and a bit tormented, and not at all anything like the persona he presents to the rest of the world. 

I won't say a lot about his role in the books, since I'm hoping anyone reading this who hasn't read the series will decide to do so (THG is so so close to my heart.)  But, Finnick, you crazy boy.  I also really really adored the romance the author spun in for him - not that in this series there's a whole lot of time/room for romance - but to me, Finnick's relationship with Annie was one of the best things about the series.