f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #17: The One Where I'm Featured
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #17: The One Where I'm Featured



{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and also now at Alison Can Read, and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } Each week, Rachel and Alison each feature one lucky blogger and the feature this week is Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature; Alison's is, well, me!  *grins* I'm all a-flutter over this  and couldn't be more excited.  Everyone please head on over to Lisa's blog, follow, and show her some love!  It's a huge honor (I think!) to be featured.


Question of the Week



If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?
{ ++ } Okay, I'm gonna just go with the first answer that came to mind as soon as I read this question: Twilight.  Edward and Bella's relationship was really sweet, but I was always pulling for Jake.  I really feel like he could offer Bella more, although she knew she wanted her life with Edward.  I feel like Jacob connected with her, and never even considered her changing in any way - he loved her, flaws, quirks, and all, like she loved him. 

And while there were some parts in Breaking Dawn I liked, what I - didn't - like (among many other things) was that I feel like Edward and Bella's "happily ever after" came way too easy, without any struggle at all, and wasn't really true to life.  I also just couldn't wrap my head around most of the arcs in the story.  Plus my heart just absolutely broke over Jacob/Bella, especially over how I feel like Jacob's entire character was altered in Breaking Dawn.  I won't say TOO much for those who may not have read the series, but I just, I'm really passionate about this series and this pairing, and well, I guess I tend to gravitate toward the doomed ships.  :(

I would also change the end of Jodi Picoult's Mercy.  The book has two endings: the one Jodi wrote, and the one in my head.  I know that I interpret the book ending an entirely different way than most people do, and I'm okay with that. I can dream about it having the ending I saw for the characters.  : ) 

And in light of the fact that The Hunger Games trilogy has taken over my life, I would change the ending of Mockingjay in a few ways.  The movies are absolutely going to break my heart, as will the books when  I re-read, and I may have to imagine my own ending this time around. 

Until We Meet Again




{ ++ } I want to wish everyone a very happy/fun weekend.  I am going to be out tomorrow but I will definitely be around some on Saturday and on Sunday to visit everyone's blogs.  If you are posting here, please link me to your Follow Friday post!  And if you are a new follower...welcome!  And to my current followers  - love you guys!  TGIF!