f0zKg0J4zFLYz-Yq0aednQVqREE Once Upon a Prologue: Follow Me Friday - #6 + Book Blogger Hop - #4 + TGIF - #1
Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, May 20, 2011

Follow Me Friday - #6 + Book Blogger Hop - #4 + TGIF - #1




{ ++ } Follow Me Friday, aka "Follow My Book Blog" is probably the coolest meme I've come across in awhile.  It's hosted over at Parajunkee's View and us amazing book-a-holics get the chance to answer a reading-related question, as well as make new friends over the weekend.  It's a great way to kick off said weekend, and a really fun and easy way of stealing our way into the hearts of fellow book blogger's.

{ ++ } This week's featured blog is Ninja Girl Reads, authored by Ninja Girl!  Before I get to my answer to this week's question, ya'll be sure to check out her fabulous blog, as it's quite an honor to be the feature!




 This week's question... It's circle time.  Time for us to open up and share.  Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you?  (We all have them...)

{ ++ } Okay, since you asked so nicely...  ;)

+ If it's a book that I am really nervous/excited about, I read the end first.  That way it tends to calm me down and I can read the book at a regular pace without freaking out.
+ No matter the season (winter, summer, etc) I have to have socks on at all times (unless I'm wearing flip-flops or something.)  My feet feel weird without socks!
+ If I don't know what I'm about to drink/eat (ie I've never had it) I have been known to sniff my food first, in public.
+ I can't stand the smell of most fruit juices or bubble gum.  Apple / orange juice is a notable exception.  Cherry/grape etc actually makes me a little nauseas.
+ I tend to be rather reserved until I get to know a person; those who know me best are not at all surprised by my sense of humor/beliefs/etc, those who don't have no idea what I am like. 




 { ++ } Hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books, what better way to allow us book bloggers to mix and mingle than a bit of a reading-related social?  Every week she hosts this event, where we can throw our names in the hat so to speak, and hopefully end up with a few new friends who share our interests and our love (and in my case, obsession) of books.

This week's question is from Ivan of Ivan Bookworm "If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"

{ ++ }  I'd want to visit the world of Suzanne Collin's The Hunger Games trilogy.  The entire concept of the series fascinates me, and I'd like to visit the 'verse of around the time of book one, or early book two, just to see how the Districts, especially Katniss's really lived.  When I read the series their plight just really struck my heart hard, imagining these poor kids having to grow up so fast, only to one day be forced into an arena to fight, literally, for their own survival.






{ ++ } TFIG is a nifty little meme hosted by Ginger of GReads, which basically kick-starts the weekend by throwing out a fun little book-related question, and also giving bloggers a chance to recap what we've posted this week for anyone who may have missed one of our events. 

This week's question: Back to the Beginning -what was the first book you reviewed on your blog? 

{ ++ } The first book I reviewed on my blog was The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss.  I'm still relatively new to the whole book-blogging world but I love that I already have a bit more of a format to my reviews than I did with the first one, and that everyone I've met has been so friendly and willing to kinda bear with me as I learn.  :)

This week at Once Upon a Prologue;;;

+ Teaser Tuesdays - Delirium
+ Molli Reviews... - Delirium
+ Waiting On Wednesday... - The Day Before 

{ ++ } Ok that's all for this week!  I'm going out of town tonight, then out with friends tomorrow so I may not be able to check in and mingle until late tomorrow or Sunday; if I don't make it back til, then, or if I do, love and peace to everyone!